This 1920’s Dutch Colonial returns to brennan+company for a new program incorporating a photography and library with added art studio garage for two avid collectors. In keeping with the vocabulary of existing historic details and scale, the addition takes form of a secondary gambrel opening up to an outdoor terrace with a bay and covered porch. The 2-car separate garage/studio structure maintains a similar historic and small scale language with copper shed dormers and cedar siding.
The photography and book collections unfold in sequence from the existing office. They are respectively accessed from the center hall gallery and a secondary rear hall, visually or directly connecting to the outdoors.
In the interior, the new collection rooms adopt modern, well delineated forms with custom rift-sawn white oak cabinetry and oiled-black paperstone counters. Specialty, museum quality lighting highlight books, framed photographs and objet d’art, or just-fun collections from travels far away from home.
|Who Lives Here||an artist + a book collector|
|Contractors||corcoran builders, general contractorpeter mcMahon, cabinetry|
|Consultants||vita designs, interior designerr.c. fields & associates, site engineering|