This 1927 colonial revival in Chevy Chase is a contributing structure within the Chevy Chase Village Historic District. In 1991, brennan + company architects added a 2-story family room and kitchen addition with second floor owner suite. Our returning clients were now looking to address the front entry with a covered porch, as well as new dormers providing much needed natural light and views to the street from the attic studio.
At the rear, a new screened porch with entry are added and a smaller 1-car garage replaces the older failing one. The new elements redefine the rear yard and stone terrace all within a compact footprint. Historic details include brick and bluestone porch base, cedar columns, posts, and balustrade along with 9 over 9 wood double hung windows at the dormers that integrate seamlessly with the historic character of the house and the Village.
Exterior work includes refurbishment of woodwork and hardware as well as onsite stormwater management, terrace and walks.
|Location||chevy chase md|
|Contractors||triumph custom homes, general contractor|
|Consultants||everett garden designs, landscape design|