Located in the Long Green Valley National Register Historic District, the Glen Arm Railroad Station was constructed circa 1909 on the site of an existing railroad station built for the then Baltimore and Lehigh Railroad Company. The Glen Arm Station, also known as the Ma-Pa Whistle Stop, was a part of the Maryland and Pennsylvania Railroad linking Maryland and Pennsylvania and serving commercial purposes such as the hauling of freight and transportation of passengers. The building is notable as one of the last surviving examples of a rural train station with late Victorian style details such as wooden shingles and large eave overhangs with decorative brackets. The building is a Baltimore County Historical Landmark.
The restoration and renovation of the building transforms the historic station into a coffee shop that will serve the Long Green Valley community. The project has been awarded historic tax credits from Maryland Historical Trust, Baltimore County, and the National Park service and hopes to receive local and federal funding as well.
|Date||c. 1909, 2022|
|Location||glen arm, md|